Monday, September 10, 2012

Cappuccini on a Thursday


I have been itching to start Italian classes since we got here, and the time has finally come. Class has been great so far, and I'm starting to feel more comfortable communicating without my Rick Steve's book in hand. Our homework assignment for this weekend? Go into town and spend at least 5 minutes speaking Italian. Perfect! Needless to say, I took that assignment very seriously. A couple of us went into town yesterday and found a sidewalk cafe called Caffè del Teatro. For 1/3 of the price of Starbucks, we were given picture-perfect, deliciously frothy cappuccini. Yummy!
The caffè.


Best cappuccino ever.

We looked pretty silly sitting in the cafe with our textbooks, counting to 30 like it was the most fun we'd ever had. I think we even got some chuckles from the natives. Oh well! We can now count to 100 in Italian, say the alphabet, greet people on the street, and order more cappuccini. I'm ready for the next homework assignment :)


The view walking into town.




5 comments:

  1. Yummy. What's the difference between the "ini" and the "ino"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ino is the singular form of cappuccino and ini is the plural form. Just trying to be grammatically correct :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much sounds like the best homework assignment EVER

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Our teacher is all about learning Italian by speaking with each other and people in town. We usually do our written homework in class and are encouraged to practice speaking a lot. It's a great way to learn :)

    ReplyDelete