Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wine Tasting


I realize how much pretentiousness is oozing from this little post, but I just can't resist! The wine tasting came at the perfect time – right after our final Brahms rehearsal. We all rushed out of the rehearsal room and donned our Sunday best for what would be a purely delicious Italian experience. We felt very classy, walking down the street in our colorful dresses, cameras in hand. 


And this is when hilarity ensued.... we literally stopped rush hour traffic because of all the old men (and I really do mean old) pulling over to say ciao. At first, we were slightly horrified by this awkward moment, but pretty soon we were just laughing about it. I suppose that's what you'd call a cultural experience!


After an eventful walk into town, we arrived at a very elegant wine and pastry shop, tucked away on a small side street. We were welcomed by two gregarious brothers, Stefano and Paolo, who told us all about their family owned shop and gave us a short history of the Tuscan wines that we sampled. I am no wine connoisseur but I thought the wine was excellent! I'll definitely be paying Stefano and Paolo another visit before I leave – there's always room for wine in my suitcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment