It's official. In less than a week I'll
be on a plane to Roma. Though I can practically taste the gelato, it
seems as though there is a mountain of tasks left to accomplish. Try
as I may, I have definitely let the pre-voyage stress get to me in
the past couple of days. As I sat at the table, doing some last
minute research, I found myself wishing away the next week.
But then I thought about the promise I
made a few weeks ago. I told myself that this trip would be an opportunity
to see everything anew. How quickly I'd forgotten this! There are
plenty of things I could be enjoying in
this last week, the most significant being my family. Although this
is my third year at college, this trip will be the first time that I
am truly leaving home. I've never been the type of person to call
home every day, or come back on the weekends, but in the back of my
mind, I always knew that my family was only a short drive away should
I need them. I am not worried about being homesick, or wishing I could
call home everyday. Rather, just thinking about going away, makes me realize that I have a lot to appreciate in these last few days at home.
I've
got four days to soak up all the funny conversations, goofy antics, nightly walks, and poolside chats. I mean, it's going to be
awhile before
I watch another Packer game with the family:
Have a jam session,
Make lefse at Thanksgiving,
Or set my eyes on whatever is going on here,
Who knows? These next four days might be more exciting than I thought.



No comments:
Post a Comment